Tuesday, October 19, 2010

It's been a while!

Hi there!


It's been a while since my last update and we've been keeping BUSY! I'm slowly settling in to the routine of work and housekeeping and wife being and all that. Not quite there... but we're working on it! I am loving my job and keeping pretty busy there. I've been doing quite a bit of shuttling customers to and from home as well as picking up cars from dealerships all around the city. I've gotten to drive some pretty cool cars (ie. a Lexus, a BMW, a VW Bug, etc.) and it's been a great way to learn the city even better. It's a part of my job that I really enjoy! I also keep busy in the office and shop with paperwork, answering the phone, running info back and forth to the guys in the shop, etc. All in all, I'm very happy with it and I have a GREAT boss. The lady I work for is kind of turning into my "work mom". She takes super good care of me and is just so sweet. She texts me at night and offers to bring me lunch for the next day. Chicken alfredo is on the menu for us tomorrow! :) So I sure can't complain!


Matt's parents have come and gone. They were here over the weekend for a very quick visit. They arrived Friday and spent the afternoon with Matt before coming to get me from work. We hung out at our place for the evening and then headed out car shopping first thing on Saturday morning. If you follow me on facebook, then you already know the exciting news that Matthew and I bought a car this weekend! With much help and advice from Matt's mom and dad, we made the decision to buy a 2007 Toyota Matrix XR. It's a fully-loaded 5-speed with a little over 100,000 kms on it. We are really hoping to be able to drive it for the next 5-10 years and are blessed that we are able to have such a great car to drive around here. It is more than we could have ever hoped for! We go tomorrow to the dealership to pick it up and I'm pretty excited! :) We spent the rest of Saturday afternoon shopping with the in-laws as well as Jason and his fiance at Costco. Matt's parents spoiled us with some groceries and then we all headed out for dinner. From there we went to watch Tim's band at their concert. It was super fantastic and I wish you all could have been there! Check out my facebook page for some short video clips. :) Sunday we all drove up to Bowmanville to hang out with Jason's fiances family and then it was back home Sunday night. I worked a short day on Monday so that we could all go out for dinner one more time before Al & Aneta had to get on a flight back home. It was much to short of a visit and it was nice to have them here!


Now we're back into the swing of things for another week. Matt's got a pretty average week at school, just trying to stay on top of things and I'm keeping busy too. Homesick sometimes... but it usually passes pretty quickly. Sorry there isn't any more exciting to share. We hope you are all doing well. And thanks for checking in!


Much Love,


Matt & Jacquie

2 comments:

  1. Making your own home is exciting and productive.God is always with you.Just call or skype your Mom and dad when you do but hug your hubby too .He is probably a little friend and parent homesick too.
    Congratulate Jason for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jacquie and Matt:
    Love that you are settling in so well. The Lord takes good care of his followers. I imagine the homesickness comes and goes but you do have two brothers there to help keep you going. I bet at times your mom is more homesick for you than you are for her. How is marraige treating you? Sounds good so far. Glad you like your job. You could be at it for a while with Matt in school. Keep studying hard Matthew.
    Love from Aunt Rita

    ReplyDelete