Saturday, October 30, 2010

Goodbye October!

Hi Everyone!
        Well, it's been a couple weeks again. I am finding it's hard to find things to keep talking about since life has settled into such a routine. Now that I'm busy working 40+ hours a week, I am not finding as much time to get out and about and experience Hamilton. Life has been pretty quiet these past 2 weeks. Matt has been fairly busy with school which doesn't leave a whole lot of time for the two of us to explore. :) Today I did manage to get him out of the house for a bit and we headed out to an orchard to pick some apples! Matt loved the apple pies I was busy making last month so we went out there together so I will be able to make some more. Heres some pictures from our outing:

 Sooo many yummy apples!

 Hokey Posed Picture. :P
 Lots and lots of pumpkins! :)
 Yummy apples that will be turned into delicious pie!
 I think Matt was excited to come along only because it gave him the chance to actually drive our new car! :) I've been taking it to work and back every day and today was only his second time driving it. 

        Work has been going pretty well for me! I'm still enjoying it and I'm learning LOTS about cars and people. This week was pretty crazy for me because my boss/the manager was off sick for 3 days leaving me to fend for myself. The guys from the shop would come and have me go look at a car and then ask me "So, do you think we need to order this part here? Or what do you want us to do?" Ummmm... I don't really know ANYTHING! I'm just supposed to answer the phone and be friendly... not actually do anything regarding the vehicles! :P But using a whole lot of team work, we were able to make it through! 
        We've been really enjoying our new little car! We get crazy great gas mileage and it's so fun to have a nice little car to drive around in. Matt and I have been a little stressed out trying to figure out what to do about insuring and registering the car though! When we moved here we found out that it cost quite a bit more to register a vehicle here then it does back home! We got a quote here for our car and in order to have Ontario insurance, it will cost us $260 a month! CRAZY! We got a quote from our insurance company back home in Alberta and she said that they can insure the car for $120 a month. That's a BIG difference! So right now we are toying with the idea of Matt driving the car home at Christmas and having an out of province inspection done in Alberta so we can insure and register it there. We have looked into it and as long as Matt maintains his student status, we are able to have our car insured and registered there. So we are working on the logistics! I won't have enough time off work at Christmas to drive with him so Eric and him might be sharing a road trip. And then hopefully I will be able to fly home for a few days as well. Hopefully we can figure something out!
        Well, I can't think of too much else new that's going on. Pretty boring hey? Well, here's a picture of the latest "decor" addition I did on one of our walls, and then I'm off to have a date night with my hubby. 
        One last thing... I think Matt's best friend Mitchell reads this blog... And we both just want to wish you a very happy 24th birthday way out in Australia!!! Hope you and Julie both have a great day!

Much Love,
Matt & Jacquie

1 comment:

  1. Hey guys,
    Thanks for the Birthday wishes! You guys are the first people to wish me a Happy Birthday. Consider yourselves lucky!
    Matt - If I was home I would fly out to Ontario and drive back to Alberta with you at Christmas!

    Mitchell

    ReplyDelete